Wedding Photography Q&A's

Planning your wedding is very exciting but a very demanding task- so many wedding suppliers to to consider and to choose from, so many decisions to make and you no doubt will have many questions you want answering. Below is a list of frequently asked questions about your wedding day photography to help you.

Do you photograph the wedding ?

Yes, I personally will shoot every wedding photography package we book. I’m also the album designer when it comes to creating your wedding album. All our books are custom designed for each wedding and we don’t use templates so it’s created just for you. I only book a maximum of 30 of weddings in to my calendar which means that key dates are in high demand – I run a busy studio as well as being a parent of two busy children!!

What style of photographer are you ?

I describe myself as a Documentary & Contemporary Wedding Photographer. My style of photograpy is a blend of emotion and reportage photography, although I like to add a twist of different shooting styles throughout the day. My coverage of the bride preparations will be informal with classic detail shots. Covering the ceremony will of course be reportage and after we will take formal family and group shots but in a modern and relaxed way. We will then spend a little time with the bride and groom for their stunning portraits. We still have time to cover candid moments throughout the day that will tell a story for years to come.

We don’t like having our photographs taken, we don’t have to pose do we?

I’d say around 80% of your wedding day photography will be candid, documentary style. This style of photography captures people at their best, when they are acting natural and not uncomfortable in front of the camera. the other 20% of the wedding day photography will be when we create the stunning ‘wow’ shots with you. These are done in an elegant & timeless style; I won’t be asking you to lay on the bed smooching or any other tacky poses you will be glad to hear! 

How long will you be at the wedding for ?

Your wedding day is a story, it slowly unfolds throughout the day. With this in mind I like to join the bride in the morning and don’t leave until after the first dance. This enables me to capture every little moment of the story as it happens. If the ceremony is say at 2pm, I like to be with bride around 11am to take candid shots of bridal prep, photograph the brides shoes, jewellery, dress etc. I’m with you through the ceremony, drinks reception, speaches and first dance. I like to use the low light early evening gives us to create some stunning photos of you both also so I’m never in a rush to leave straight after the first dance.

How long do you need for photographs ?

So we don’t take over your day, the photography shoot after the ceremony would include the full group shots and the family formals of the immediate family. We can allow 20-30 minutes for this part, however just remember the more photographs you want of the extended family it eats into the time for bride & groom portraits. I then like to take the bride and groom away for around 30 minutes so we can capture relaxed iconic portraits from around the location. Bride & Grooms often say they are glad to leave everyone for a short time to give them the opportunity to spend a little time together out of the spotlight! If you allow 1 hour 30 minutes for the photos then we can do all this without rushing and in a relaxed way – the family group shots often over run as we seem to be always waiting for an uncle to return from the bar!!

Where do you cover ?

This one is simple, we cover all over the UK and destination weddings photography overseas. Some of the wedding venues I have photographed include:

Wentworth Woodhouse – Rotherham, Tankersley Manor – Barnsley, Swinton Park Hotel – Masham, Whitley Hall Hotel – Sheffield, Wortley Hall – Sheffield, The Huntsman Inn – Holmfirth, Burntwood Court Hotel – Barnsley, The Victoria Hotel – Robin Hodds Bay, Clifton Park Museum – Rotherham, The Old Hall Hotel – Buxton, Carlton Park Hotel – Rotherham, Holiday Inn – Rotherham, The Grange Golf Club – Rotherham, The Hilton Hotel – Sheffield, The Rockingham Arms – Rotherham, The Whiston Manorial Barn – Rotherham, Sitwell Golf Club – Rotherham, Holiday Inn – Rotherham, Tapton House – Sheffield, Halifax Hall – Sheffield, 

Share This